We just got back from a much needed baby moon, or should I say, Jace moon ;) Our last getaway, just the three of us. I wanted to go somewhere within driving distance and have had my eye on Palm Springs for quite some time now. We’ve always driven by the exits but have never been, so I thought it was a great roadtrip option. The Saguaro hotel consistently fills up my Instagram feed, so I was beyond convinced to give it a try. A little colorful for Rob’s taste, but still fun all the same. And their spa offered prenatal massages;) Once we got there, the pool was bumping with a DJ, but that didn’t scare us. Mr. Jace got his dance moves on and loved the attention from all the pool-goers. My favorite thing by the pool was the watermelon lemonade and the cheese quesadillas made to order — so fresh and cheesy! Our room was super comfy, with soft beds and lots of pillows. We had a great view of the pool, too. And we loved how many fun games and comfy seating they had scattered throughout, including ping pong, corn hole and bocci ball. It was just what we needed .. lots of pool time, snuggles in bed and food to eat!
Hotel: The Saguaro
- El Jefe (order the fish tacos and fried ice-cream! And of course try some tequila from their Tequila bar)
- Cheeky’s (basically everything on their menu is to-die-for, including their bacon tasting platter).
Maternity suit: A tankini find from Target (way overpriced, but whatever)
- The POOL, every day!
- A spa treatment (I opted for the prenatal massage @ The Saguaro)
- Modernism Week (would have been fun to do the front door tour on bikes, but not as easy with a little one)
- Cabazon Dinosaurs (more on that next)