Man has it been hot this summer. I can’t stress enough how unbearable it’s been. On the weekend I sip my coffee in my blow up pool on my back patio. Just to be outside because I can’t handle being inside all day. But fighting through it is definitely doable. How does one stay cool around here you ask?! Here are some ideas for any fellow Arizonans who want to get the kids out of the house (or even yourself!) but stay cool.
1. Mommy & Me Yoga @ Modern Milk – A dear friend of mine introduced me to Modern Milk just recently and told me about their wonderful Mommy and Me babies fitness classes. I opted for the yoga class since I desperately wanted some time to stretch. They also have cold brew coffee ON TAP, and can conjure up a marvelous iced Mexican white mocha! By the end of the class Jace was monkey-crawling through everyone’s legs, haha.
2. Creamistry – the newest ice-cream craze around these parts! They make the ice-cream right before your eyes uing liquid nitrogen to flash freeze the ice-cream. You’ll be mesmerized by the process! It’s definitely a treat to go, and if you do go, ask for the brownie.
3. Hubbard Family Swim School – I enrolled Jace in the Little Snappers swim class and he loves it so far. Not quite ready to go under the water, but almost there! It’s a great option if you want to avoid putting sunblock on your stark white child, like me. No sunblock in the eyes, no sunburn, and no sweat. It’s how I like it!
4. RSVPing yes to indoor birthday parties – we just went to one hosted at a Crossfit gym. So cool, if you know what I mean. Plus, Jace got to hang with all of his day care buds .. and also hold hands with his girrrrlfriend Stella ;) Trust me, even if you don’t know the parents very well, take advantage of the indoor activities for sure.
5. And last but not least, get the hells out of town, and go north. To Payson, Strawberry, Showlow or in our case, Pinetop! This past weekend we went up with family and enjoyed the cooler weather, even some hail. We took Jace on all kinds of walking trails and let him run wild. Boy sure can run! It was so nice to slow things down in a small little town! I loved all the wild sunflowers and open fields of grass to roll around in. And Jace got to meet his 2nd cousins, too. Always a fun time with the Johannes fam. Love them so much. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but nonetheless, here you go:
Hope you’re all having a great summer in your neck of the woods!